Thursday, April 23, 2009

etch-a-sketch

Did you ever try and draw a real picture on an etch-a-sketch?  Not easy.  I mean, I have to really concentrate.  If I don't, I end up with those little pieces of line sticking off the end of an other-wise perfect square.  Or fish.  Or word.  And all I can think is Agh!  It would have been PERFECT!  Damn line.  Of course, the one time I do manage to create a masterpiece - a house, WITH a chimney - I immediatly show it to my kids (who have been irritatingly impatient with me using their etch-a-sketch and I am threatening time-outs to the next one who bumps my arm) - and they look at it for about half a second and simutatiously shake it and say "Cool.  My turn!".   
Breath in.  Breath out.  Step away from the children.
I went downstairs and stole jellybeans from their Easter baskets and felt much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment